Monday, January 18, 2016

Teaching at Modgo

This was the first time I have been to Modgo.   Modgo traditionally had been known for its Witch Doctors, however in the past few years their influence has diminished.

I really don't know how many churches were represented but I was told that over 10 denominations were there.   There may have been a communication problem though, but I do know through the discussions there were certainly some divergent interpretations of scripture.   

This made for a great teaching moment to focus on what we have in common rather than what separates us.  Love unites - pride and arrogance divides.  Celebrate agreement show Grace, mercy and kindness in difference.  How can we show a lost world we love them when we fuss and fight between the Body of Christ!   (I'm off my Soapbox now ... Grin)





As we began to teach the numbers began to swell.  Midway through the first day the building was full and we had people standing along the outside.


During a break I found something to entertain myself.   I think I was a natural!!!!


Fellowship during the breaks is very important.  This is also why we have group action - it breaks down barriers between people and churches. 


Of course I ended up finding some children to play with for just a few seconds.  






There is also something special to my heart when older adults come still yearning to learn more about God and  His Word.  


And something no church can function without - the Kitchen Committee!!!


Group photo without me - I took it!



No comments:

Post a Comment