Sunday, January 17, 2016

Preaching at Pastor Wogene's Church

It was a privilege to preach at Pastor Wogene's Church!   The church was full and at full throttle when we arrived.  


I think churches in both Ethiopia and Central America believe the bigger your speakers and the louder it is - the more godly you are!   (Grin). Again Ethiopia worship is a full body experience!   

Right before I came in the auditorium - Pastor Wogene told me not to be concerned if a snake came in from outside.   They had had that problem as the cleared part of their land.  I'm still not sure if he was joking or not - but I was glad the stage was 2 foot up!


Pastor Wogene has interpreted for me several times but he was in rare form at his church.   I'm not for sure whether he was interpreting or interpreting and providing commentary along the way - but the message seemed to be received well by the congregation.



After the service, they commissioned a young man is is going to start preaching soon.  I think he has been in the training class before and they are hopeful of starting a new work.  




After church I met Abigail.  She was one of the most beautiful children I've seen in a long time.  She is the daughter of the Song Leader.   She is a sweet as she is beautiful!


I have the rest of Sunday to rest until we go to Mogo in the morning!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment